Ireland

Ireland
Irish Spring

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 17   Redwood National Park  June 13  Humboldt, CA
Avenue of the Giants.
On the road from Eureka to Ukiah from my cousin's to her parents.
I made the 3 hour trip almost double,
taking the scenic route and stopping whenever I could to appreciate breathtaking the majesty of these giants.  Photos cannot do them justice.  They are too tall to shoot the entire tree. 
Entrance to Bilbo Baggin's Place below?
New life growing from an old stump.

 Cross section of a tree, showing it's age and the impact from it's environment.

 Sapphire, the Subaru, drives through a tree.
Perfect fit. We went somewhere like this as children.  I think it was Sequoia National Park. Our big yellow Mercury station wagon couldn't fit  through. 

 We camped across country as kids,
 stopping at whatever National Park we could.
This was an amazing time.  No crowds or traffic. No reservations needed.  Even at that age, I felt very fortunate to have this experience.  It gave me an appreciation for nature and gratitude for those who had the foresight to designate these national treasures as parks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment