Ireland

Ireland
Irish Spring

Sunday, May 31, 2015



Perrine bridge.  Day 4

Driving 84 on the 84.  (84 mph on I 84) I stopped at the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls Idaho after saying Goodbye to my sister and Salt Lake City.   This is where my baby brother broke the world record for BASE jumps on 2008.  Google him.  Dan Schilling.  You will also find out that he is a decorated soldier from Black Hawk Down.  He received the bronze star with valor and wrote a book called, "The Battle of Mogadishu."  Proceeds of which  go to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.  As my father said, "Your brother is a God damn War Hero."
I got there a little too late to see any jumpers.  Bummer.  But, honestly, just being there made me so nervous.  I have a fear of heights.  Got it from my father who couldn't even look over the edge when we got to the Grand Canyon.  Obviously, Dan did not get that gene.  (Although, I did go sky diving on the North Shore of Hawaii, but that was NEVER on my bucket list.)
 I wanted to take a photo from the bridge but my knees were weak and my hands were shaking. I was afraid I might drop my phone.  So much for bravery.  Some consider my recent life changes and current journey to be brave but this cannot compare to my brother of whom I am so proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment