Ireland

Ireland
Irish Spring

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Road Trip Day 2.     14 1/2 hours to get to Salt Lake City from Albuquerque.  2 hours of road work delays.  I'm happy to see America's roads being improved, big projects, but it sure cost me time.  That, and having to stop twice to get the spilled cranberry juice out of my shirt. The first area of road work was by Ute Mountain.
I was lucky enough to be the first car.  So I just got out, took pictures and walked around.
If my Subaru could take a selfie, it would look like this:
My little blue Forester is named Sapphire.  We drove through some beautiful country,  or "cunt ry" as Dad would say it.  This is some mighty beautiful "cunt ry."  It always cracked us up, and embarrassed us a little the way he said it.  We were like, "Does he know what that sounds like?"
  Dad loved the Wild West and particularly Utah's magnificent scenery.  I drove through Canyonlands, Arches, Capital Reef, Ute mountain and Moab.  Just a drive by.  Too many miles to make a stop.  It so reminded me of Dad.  He inspired a love of America's natural wonders in me and I thank him for that.  I also thank him for Sapphire.  It was due to my inheritance from his life insurance policy that I was able to buy her.  And because of that, I was able to send my Odyssey Van to Tira and Mike.  Thanks, Pop. This part of my journey is for you!  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment